GUM® HYDRAL® Toothpaste
Xerostomia, the medical term used for dry mouth, is common. It is believed to affect 25% of the population, especially women, and more than 50% of elderly people. Dry mouth results from an inadequate flow of saliva (hyposalivation) that may even cease completely in extreme cases. Rather than a specific disorder, dry mouth is a symptom that can be triggered by one or several underlying causes which can be linked to medications, chronic diseases, smoking, aging, or many other factors. GUM HYDRAL Toothpaste is very gentle and ideal for daily care of the delicate oral cavity and dry mucosa. It is particularly suitable for patients with a fragile mouth, especially elderly people.
- Moisturizes the mouth for more comfort
- Promotes enamel remineralization and helps prevent cavities (contains 1450 ppm fluoride ions).
- Gentle formula
- Free from alcohol, parabens, SLS, limonene and linalool
- Low allergen, mild spearmint herbal flavor
- For adults and children aged 7 and over
Note: Read instructions carefully before use. Class I Medical Device.
Manufacturer: SUNSTAR Europe S.A., Route de Pallatex 11, CH-1163 Etoy.
- List of ingredients
Aqua, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Hydrated Silica, Propanediol, Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Monofluorophosphate, Xylitol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Gluconolactone, Aroma, CI 77891, Taurine, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Stevia Rebaudiana Extract, Sucralose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, PVP, Calcium Gluconate.
GUM HYDRAL forms a protective barrier over dry oral mucosa caused by irritation. Its mode of action is a result of the combination of the following ingredients:
- PVP: a polymer with mucoadhesive properties - the main ingredient for the formation of a protective barrier over the oral mucosa.
- Sodium hyaluronate: highly viscous, it provides mechanical protection of oral soft tissues and cell layers, as well as hydration.
- Propanediol: a known humectant with moisturising properties.
- Betaine: protects oral cells with a water coating.
- Taurine: stabilises the cell membranes and protects cells with an antioxidant action.