GUM® HYDRAL® Moisturizing Gel
Xerostomia, the medical term used for dry mouth, is common. It is believed to affect 25% of the population, especially women, and more than 50% of elderly people.
Dry mouth results from an inadequate flow of saliva (hyposalivation) that may even cease completely in extreme cases. Rather than a specific disorder, dry mouth is a symptom that can be triggered by one or several underlying causes which can be linked to medications, chronic diseases, smoking, aging, or many other factors.
GUM HYDRAL Moisturizing Gel is a comfortable and easy-to-use solution.
- Soothes and moisturizes dry mouth for more comfort
- Protects the oral mucosa from irritation by forming a protective coating over dry oral tissues
- Promotes oral soft tissues repair thanks to hyaluronic acid
- Free from alcohol, parabens, SLS, limonene and linalool
- Non-oily formula compatible with oxygen therapy
- Low allergen mild spearmint herbal flavor
- For adults and children aged 7 and over
Note: Read instructions carefully before use. Class I Medical Device
Manufacturer : SUNSTAR Europe S.A., Route de Pallatex 11, CH-1163 Etoy.
- List of ingredients
- usage recommendation
Aqua, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Propanediol, PVP, Sodium Citrate, Betaine, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Powder, Xanthan Gum, Xylitol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Taurine, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sucralose, Calcium Gluconate, Stevia Rebaudiana Extract, Aroma, CI 19140, CI 42090.
GUM HYDRAL forms a protective barrier over dry oral mucosa caused by irritation. Its mode of action is a result of the combination of the following ingredients:
- PVP: a polymer with mucoadhesive properties - the main ingredient for the formation of a protective barrier over the oral mucosa.
- Sodium hyaluronate: highly viscous, it provides mechanical protection of oral soft tissues and cell layers, as well as hydration.
- Propanediol: a known humectant with moisturising properties.
- Betaine: protects oral cells with a water coating.
- Taurine: stabilises the cell membranes and protects cells with an antioxidant action.
Apply at least 5 times per day on gums, tongue, and oral mucosa especially before going to bed and at night.
Repeat as often as necessary.