GUM® HYDRAL® Mouthrinse
Xerostomia or dry mouth is thought to affect a quarter of the population, especially women, and more than half of the elderly. It is caused by an inadequate flow of saliva (hyposalivation), or even a complete lack of salivation in extreme cases. Hyposalivation can be triggered by one or various underlying causes, including medications, chronic diseases, smoking, aging, or many other factors. GUM HYDRAL Mouthrinse is an ideal addition to patients’ daily oral care routine, as it contains 250 ppm fluoride to promote enamel remineralization and help protect against tooth decay. Thanks to its higher viscosity, the mouthwash coats the oral tissues for additional lubrication and comfort.
- Promotes enamel remineralization and helps prevent cavities
- Free from alcohol, parabens, SLS, limonene and linalool
- Non-oily formulation compatible with oxygen therapy
- Low allergen mild spearmint herbal flavor
- For adults and children 7 years and older
Note: Read instructions carefully before use. Class I Medical Device.
Manufacturer: SUNSTAR Europe S.A., Route de Pallatex 11, CH-1163 Etoy.
- List of ingredients
- usage recommendation
Aqua, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Sodium Citrate, PVP, Propanediol, Betaine, Gluconolactone, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xylitol, Taurine, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Sodium Monofluorophosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sucralose, Aroma, Calcium Gluconate, Stevia Rebaudiana Extract.
GUM HYDRAL forms a protective barrier over dry oral mucosa caused by irritation. Its mode of action is a result of the combination of the following ingredients:
- PVP: a polymer with mucoadhesive properties - the main ingredient for the formation of a protective barrier over the oral mucosa.
- Sodium hyaluronate: highly viscous, it provides mechanical protection of oral soft tissues and cell layers, as well as hydration.
- Propanediol: a known humectant with moisturising properties.
- Betaine: protects oral cells with a water coating.
- Taurine: stabilises the cell membranes and protects cells with an antioxidant action.
To be used up to 5 times per day, as necessary.